I will be so bold as to say that your kitchen benchtop is one of the most used surfaces in your home. From making your morning cup of coffee, preparing meals for the mundane and special occasions, right up to pouring a glass of wine at the end of a long day for that special person in your life.
A kitchen benchtop can be an undervalued furnishing in your home so if you are a homeowner it is worth taking the next few minutes to consider how to transform this important accessory into an elegant stunning feature in your home.
It was only a few years ago when choosing a benchtop for a new kitchen you were limited to a few popular laminate colours. Granite and engineered stone products were only for the elite, high-end kitchens and for most it was that extra expense that the budget just would not allow.
Supply and demand have changed that barrier and now a stone benchtop is an affordable luxury for most New Zealand homes.There are two main types of stone benchtops, Granite and Quartz (Engineered Stone).
Granite benchtops are quarried directly from the earth as a single chunk. These benchtops are natural stone and have been taken out as large blocks and are later cut into individual slabs and polished.
Quartz or Engineered Stone benchtops contain crushed quartz mixed with resin in a ratio of 94% quartz to 6% resin. They are manufactured in a variety of different patterns and colours and come with a 10 year product warranty. Well known and recommended brands are Caesarstone and Silestone.
A Love My Kitchen Benchtop Before and After benchtop replacement:
Here are 5 reasons you should consider replacing your existing laminate benchtop with a new one made of stone.
- Enduring Value – A stone benchtop is a practical investment in your home’s value. Real estate agents tell us our benchtops help boost a home’s sale price. You are likely to increase the value of your home far beyond what you pay for your stone benchtop.
- Stunning Style – A stone benchtop brings out the best in your kitchen. Its quiet elegance naturally complements both modern and classic styles which will enhance the look of your entire home.
- Bacteria, scratch and heat resistant – Stone benchtops are extremely durable and do not harbor bacteria. They are less likely to need repairs when compared to any other benchtop product such as Formica or other laminated and acrylic benchtops.
- Simplicity and ease – In just ONE DAY, you can transform your kitchen and give it a stunning new look. You will enjoy a significant upgrade without the inconvenience of a full remodel.
- 10 year product warranty – All our engineered stone benchtops come with a 10 year product warranty adding lasting value to your home and investment.
“I can’t believe the difference a new stone benchtop has made to my kitchen. Its modernized my entire living area, I’m rapt”
If you would like to talk to us about a kitchen benchtop replacement or you would like to find out more about investing in a stone benchtop for your new kitchen then give us a call. We are stone benchtop specialists and can help you make the best decision to enhance the most used surface in your home.
Our Unique 6 Point Guarantee
- Your kitchen benchtop will be fully installed in just 1 day.
- We’ll leave your kitchen clean and gleaming.
- We’ll arrive at the agreed time.
- You will love our friendly, expert service.
- Your friends will say “I love your kitchen benchtop!”.
- You will want to refer us.